Scholars learn about current and emerging issues and explore career pathways found in the field of public health while working with some of the leading public health officials from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Applications for the 2017 Public Health Leadership Scholars programs are now available on STEM Premier. All HOSA members, advisors, and alumni are invited to apply!
This year’s program is July 17-21, 2017 in Washington, D.C. The week-long program is hosted by the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response with the Office of the US Surgeon General (OSG) and the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (USPHS). HOSA members, alumni, and advisors are specifically encouraged to use the seminar as an opportunity to gain awareness and understanding of the significant role played by HHS, ASPR, OSG and the USPHS in advancing the health and safety of our nation. Learn more about the program at hosa.org/PHLS.
Applying is easy:
1. Join STEM Premier
- Go to www.stempremier.com/hosa
- Click the Start Your Free Profile button and create your account
- All PHLS applications will be managed through STEM Premier.
- HOSA members, advisors, and alumni must have a STEM Premier account and apply within the application
2. Search 2017 Public Health Leadership Scholars
- Select your account dashboard
- Go to the opportunities section, click the search icon and search for HOSA under organization name
- Select 2017 Public Health Leadership Scholars from the results list
3. Submit your application
- Follow the steps and provide the required information (Your STEM Premier profile will act as a majority of your application!)
- Confirm that you have meet and completed all of the PHLS application requirements before sumbitting
- Click Apply Now
- The deadline for applying is April 3